Note: This game was released February 28, 2018 for Fantasy Console Game Jam #3.
If you get a game over, hit the reset button to try again.
This is a short horror game that I developed using the Pico-8 fantasy console. This game is not suited for children or those who are easily disturbed.
– Directional keys: move around
– Z: progress through menus
The objective of this game is to move around a desolated town and touch certain magic pillars. When you touch the pillars (it’s a little finicky, so try to move around them a bit), a streetlight will come on near a lighthouse to signify your progress. You must light all six streetlights, at which point the lighthouse will light up. Touch the light of the lighthouse to complete the game.
– Enemies will spawn in after lighting a few streetlights, so do your best to avoid them, as one touch will kill you.
– A pillar is only good to touch if green runes adorn its entire surface and it’s only three blocks tall. Other pillars are there to distract you.
– Fog will come into the game after the first minute, obscuring the screen and making your journey more difficult. The fog will grow worse the farther into the game you get.
– You can walk behind pillars, trees, etc. Only their bases can obstruct your (or an enemy’s) movement.